Consumer Services

I attended ITT Tech until it closed. What do I do?

1. Transfer the credits you earned to another college or university

  • Pennsylvania’s 14 community colleges are an affordable option for students across the Commonwealth. The Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges has established an information page specifically for former ITT students. You can view that page here.

2. Apply to have the student loans you took out to study at ITT discharged.

  • Information on the process to have loans discharged if your school has closed can be found with the Department of Education and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. To begin the discharge process, you will need to contact your loan servicer. You can identify your loan provider through the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
  • Note that you are likely not eligible to have your loans discharged if you transfer your ITT credits to another college or university and continue your studies, or if you have already completed your degree at ITT.

Additional resources

  • If you are a veteran, you can find information about your GI Bill here.
  • The U.S. Department of Education has established a resource page on ITT Tech, which includes webinars for former students, information on the student loan discharge process and how to transfer credits to other institutions. You can view that page here.
  • You can view ITT Tech’s press release about their closure here.

For more information, please contact our office.