Resources for Veterans
General Services Information
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - The US Department of Veterans Affairs provides patient care and federal benefits to veterans and their dependents.
- Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veteran Affairs – The Office for Veterans Affairs provides advice and assistance to Pennsylvania's one million veterans and their families and quality care for aging veterans.
- Social Security Administration – Fact sheets for military servicemembers.
- Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania – Provides housing, employment, and other supportive services to eligible veterans, servicemembers and their families.
- PAServes - coordinated network of public, private and non-profit organizations working to serve veterans, service members and their families.
- MyArmyBenefits - Online calculators and comprehensive military benefits information of value to all military servicemembers.
- Retirement Calculator – Provides estimates for retired pay during retirement years. You can personalize the inputs to reflect your expectations about your retirement and economic conditions.
- Pennsylvania Veteran Claims Services
- Chartered Veteran Service Organizations, which prepare, present and prosecute claims for benefits on behalf of veterans and their families with USDVA.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill –Information on eligibility criteria for GI Bill educational assistance.
- eBenefits – Online Veterans benefits portal that allows veterans to apply online for benefits and learn about the benefits they’ve earned.
- U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment & Training Service – Provides resources and expertise to assist and prepare veterans with the ability to obtain meaningful careers, maximize their employment opportunities and protect their employment rights.
Veteran Business Assistance
- Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program – Provides funds to help an eligible small business meet ordinary and necessary operating expenses that it is unable to meet, due to an essential employee’s deployment in their role as a military reservist.
- Small Business Association Express Program – Offers streamlined and expedited loan procedures for particular groups of borrowers, notably active duty military personnel, veterans, and borrowers from distressed communities.
- Veteran Business Outreach Centers – Provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling and mentoring, and referrals for eligible veterans owning or considering starting a small business.
- Small Business Development Centers – Provides management assistance to current and prospective small business owners.
- Directory of Pennsylvania VA Healthcare Services
- PTSD Program Locator in Pennsylvania
- Veterans Suicide Prevention/Crisis Line – A confidential Department of Veteran Affairs hotline, which offers a 24/7 service for Veterans in crisis and their families. Enrollment in the VA is not required.