Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) announced today that 20 Pennsylvania students have accepted appointments to United States Services Academies.
“I am proud to have recommended each of these students for appointment to a service academy. These young people have distinguished themselves in the classroom and in their communities and I am confident that they will represent Pennsylvania with dignity and honor. The Commonwealth clearly has a lot of talent to contribute not only to our national defense but also to the next generation of leaders who will define how the U.S. resumes its global leadership for decades to come, and I wish them the best as they begin their careers and serve our country,” said Senator Casey.
The students were nominated by Senator Casey following extensive application and interview processes, and the academies made the final selection for appointments. The academies, which include the U.S. Air Force, Merchant Marine, Military and Naval Academies, offer qualified applicants a unique opportunity to obtain a first-rate college education, as well as the chance to serve our country as a commissioned officer in the United States Military. All nominees are selected on merit, with consideration given to character, leadership potential, extracurricular activities and academic ability.
The following students have accepted appointments:
- Lincoln Blouin, Montgomery County
- Matthew Sharkey, York County
- Catherine Smith, Bucks County
- Logan Green, Bucks County
- Aidan McGinnis, Bucks County
- Marcus Vaupel, Schuylkill County
- Megan Cooper, Montgomery County
- Madison Doyle, Montgomery County
- Alexandria Ferrance, Montgomery County
- Gwendolyn Houser, Lehigh County
- Emma McGovern, Chester County
- Summer Mirigliano, Berks County
- Teagan Reboli, Luzerne County
- Anthony Rock, Westmoreland County
- Sheyla Street, Philadelphia County
- John Crotty, Montgomery County
- Julia Davidson, Montgomery County
- Morgan Eater, Bucks County
- Owen O’Malley, Allegheny County
- Josette Wynn, Chester County
For additional information on Senator Casey’s service academy nomination process, please visit his website at casey.senate.gov.