Applications for the Class of 2024 are Open
Each year, I have the privilege of nominating qualified Pennsylvania students to the United States Service Academies. This page contains detailed information about the nomination and application process. If, for some reason, the following information doesn't answer all of your questions please contact my Scranton office at (570) 941-0930 or contact my office by email at email@example.com.
To begin the nomination process, you should first apply directly to the service academy you wish to attend (i.e. the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy, the U.S. Air Force Academy or the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy). You should then apply for all of the nominations for which you may be eligible including, but not limited to, your elected representatives in Congress and the Vice President of the United States.
In order to be considered for a congressional nomination, you must complete the following by 5:00 p.m. on October 4, 2019:
- Complete the online application.
- Complete and attach an essay to your online application.
- Attach a recent photo to your online application.
- Download the “Signed Statement of Intent” form, complete, and attach to your online application.
- Attach to your online application an official transcript for all high schools, junior colleges, and colleges you have attended. (All high school transcripts must include final junior year grades. Note: Please see application for directions on how your school may directly submit your transcript to my office.)
- Attach to your online application official SAT I or ACT scores. If these scores are not on your official academic transcript, you may make arrangements to have them submitted directly to my Scranton Office no later than October 5, 2018, by 5:00 p.m. (Our SAT I Score Code is 5042. Our ACT Score Code is 7176.)
- Attach to your online application three letters of recommendations from individuals who know you well. One of these letters must be from a mathematics or science teacher; none can be from a family member. (Note: Please see application for directions on how your teacher(s) may directly submit your letter of recommendation to my office.)
All application materials must be attached to your online application by 5:00 p.m. on October 4, 2019. Please do not mail your application materials to the office. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
You will be able to check the status of your application online here.
Interviews are scheduled for November 19, 20 and 21, 2019, at Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by e-mail of the exact time and location. If you do not receive written notice of an interview, please contact my Scranton Office at (570) 941-0930.
The congressional nomination process is very competitive and one that our Service Academy Selection Panel and I take very seriously. Please understand that if you do not receive a nomination from my office it does not necessarily mean you do not meet academy standards. Rather, it likely reflects the high caliber of candidates who applied for a very limited number of nominations.
I commend you on your desire to serve our nation as an officer in the United States Armed Forces and wish you every success in your pursuit of an appointment to a service academy. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please call my Scranton Office at (570) 941-0930 or contact my office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please review the attached FAQ.
Information about Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville